Hunter's Edge Serving the Shenandoah Valley and The Surrounding Areas.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter's Edge Serving the Shenandoah Valley and The Surrounding Areas.

An Open Forum For All Valley Hunters!
Email Us!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mantis UPDATES.....Post here

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
phil abrams
President Talisman Crossbows
phil abrams

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/4/2012, 4:26 pm

It's been a fair while now that i have been away from this as i became ill with some virus and i am finding thing's difficult at this moment in time.I have had different part's made to try out and they worked fine.How are you all ok i hope,sorry i took so long to get back on here as a lot of time has gone by since Christmas.I will call you Donny,Phil.
Back to top Go down
gplant
Team Talisman Pro Staff
gplant

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2012, 2:29 pm

Phil, I Hope Your feeling better soon Bro!!!!! You take care of you and worry about that bow later LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/14/2012, 10:19 pm

So sorry for taking all these month's to finally get back on here as i have been very ill and nearly lost my life as i fell down a cliff while out shooting my right eye has been severely damaged and all this has set thing's back but i am getting better now hopefully.To cut thing's short i have been unwell since before christmas .Now i am on the up so very shortly i can get right back on with this project.All this has made me very depressed as i had everything together just perfect before i became ill.I will call within the next week or two and we will go from there,Phil.
Back to top Go down
Boss Man
Administrator
Boss Man

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/17/2012, 12:42 pm

Glad you hear from you Phil! Was getting worried! You take care of yourself. Hopefully you will come back strong and finish your dream. You are a good man. God was looking out for you! So take care and get better buddy! Keep us updated !

Donnie
Back to top Go down
https://huntersedge.forumotion.net
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/24/2012, 5:39 pm

Thank's for bearing with me on this,my sight is slowly improving.So now it's back on with thing's.I need to get some limb part's re cast as i tried working on them while i was ill and messed them up.Also i need to get hold of the web artist to get thing's back on track.How are thing's over there all good i hope,god bless you all over there and i am back on this case,i must call you,Phil.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/29/2012, 6:39 pm

I need another operation on my right eye and hope it goe's well as this is my shooting eye within the next month or two with any luck,meanwhile i am awaiting heat treatment of new limb part's.Very much time has been lost due to me becoming ill around 7 month's to date so i got a lot of catching up to do.Just hope they can fix my eye to as before.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/11/2012, 9:46 pm

A new set of limb's should be with me this week to fit onto the pre production prototype mantis.These later design limb's offer greater power and speed's . All i need to do is make and fit the stainless steel bearing's and fit them precisely.My eye is getting better and now i am feeling up to getting back on line with this project.Hope you are all doing good,sorry i have not called you but i will when i get thing's progressing hopefully within the week,anyway i am off to get back on with this and will speak to you soon,Phil.
Back to top Go down
gplant
Team Talisman Pro Staff
gplant

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/29/2013, 3:14 pm

Phil/Donnie, HOPE your well!!! Have not heard from you in some time, You can reach me at gplant62@yahoo.com, Looking forward to hearing from both of you!!!
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/5/2013, 10:30 pm

Good to be back on here following very successful trial's so far did you see the latest video i sent on facebook shooting the pre production prototype that was only a few day's ago i need to make some new bolt's from carbon to test as the one in the vid was very heavy 600 grn's.This bow is awesom to say the least and it will be available in 12 week's time following the full test program.I will get one to you and G Plant after i have sold a few as i am low on fund's this bow has taken all my money to develop it.Alternatively if you could meet me half way then i can get you both your bow's before the release date.And yes it shoot's three fletch arrow's/bolt's as i have redesigned it to cope with the incredible power of the gas spring,the bolt is loaded with both flight's facing the deck so there is no deep groove for fletch clearance so weakening the forestock i have got rid of four machining operation's by doing this and it work's just perfect.The deck is raised in the middle to allow for fletching clearance and feature's a specially designed split bolt keeper to allow the upper fletch to passs through it.I am going to get this crossbow finnished in matt black with the mantis name in flourescent greeen it should look very cool and of course it will also be available in the full range of realtreee finnishe's.

Last edited by phil abrams on 4/6/2013, 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/6/2013, 8:41 pm

I got sight back in my shooting eye following successful operation i forgot to mention this in all the excitement i need another operation on the eye muscles as i got double vision but at least i can see better now should be all ok within a month.
Back to top Go down
Boss Man
Administrator
Boss Man

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/8/2013, 12:40 pm

What would " halfway" be ?????
Back to top Go down
https://huntersedge.forumotion.net
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/9/2013, 10:08 am

To meet me halfway if you could cover the cost of having it all cast then i would do all the machining and get it finished in realtree.Dont worry if you cannot do this but it would help me out.
Back to top Go down
gplant
Team Talisman Pro Staff
gplant

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/10/2013, 12:00 pm

I Hope the surgery gets your eye back to 100% Bro!!!! I seen the video on facebook..AWESOME!!! Sent you a message on your Facebook acct.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/11/2013, 7:39 pm

The arrow in that video was 720 grn not 600 as the scale's were way out.I found this out by re weighing the same bolt's using two set's of scale's so it would get there a fair bit quicker with a 600 grn bolt i got a couple of new video's just doing some shooting with 22" carbon 3 vane 435 grn bolt with the bow on low power setting.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/24/2013, 8:32 pm

Wait till you see this CROSSBOW now it is too sick for word's,i can't stop myself from looking at it with it's all mat black finish and slick graphic's.I wont say anymore as you will soon see for yourselve's what i am saying.And accurate too all the testing so far has been fab with no problem's.Even dry fired it and it coped well the thing sounded like a rifle on dryfire.I forgot to put a bolt into it and it made a very loud crack and no damage.No one should dryfire it though as this could cause some damage to limb's especially on high power as there is an awful lot of energy released,anyway i will get some pic's n vid's on here soon and on facebook.
Back to top Go down
WallyD43
Team Talisman Pro Staff
WallyD43

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime8/1/2013, 7:53 pm

I tried to open the facebook page but got somekind of an error message. Glad to hear you are doing much better.

Also, Hi gplant. It's been about 3 1/2 years since I have heard from any one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wallys-innovations.com/
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/7/2013, 11:03 pm

Hi Wally good to hear from you too,it's been a while now ,anyway how are you keeping all good i hope,wish i could help you with the facebook page,Ask Donnie as he set it all up,be good to have you on there all the best,Phil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mantis UPDATES.....Post here   Mantis UPDATES.....Post here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mantis UPDATES.....Post here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2