Hunter's Edge Serving the Shenandoah Valley and The Surrounding Areas.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter's Edge Serving the Shenandoah Valley and The Surrounding Areas.

An Open Forum For All Valley Hunters!
Email Us!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caroline County and Powatan County

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VT_Hunter
Administrator
VT_Hunter

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Caroline County and Powatan County Empty
PostSubject: Caroline County and Powatan County   Caroline County and Powatan County Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 1:05 pm

Only have about 15 acres in Caroline County to hunt, but I'm going to give it a try this Friday and Saturday. May end up in Powatan County Saturday not sure yet. I'll post what I see in those areas. Hopefully what I get!!!! About three weeks ago I was in Caroline and things looked pretty slow in my hunting area. Although I did jump one deer near my stand. I'll be in the Shenandoah Valley on some National Forest lands the following weekend. Wish I had some more time off or a closer place to hunt near Richmond. I'll be sure to post what I see.
Back to top Go down
BowSticker
Administrator
BowSticker

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Caroline County and Powatan County   Caroline County and Powatan County Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 4:31 pm

Sometimes the smallest parcels of land produce higher volumes of deer activity. I hunter a 10 acre track in Nelson country that was in the middle of three large farms. I would see 30 quality deer a day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntersedge.forumotion.net
VT_Hunter
Administrator
VT_Hunter

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Caroline County and Powatan County   Caroline County and Powatan County Icon_minitime10/4/2011, 5:45 pm

Hopefully that's the case at Caroline when I go back this weekend. I just want to get in the woods. This whole work thing always gets in the way. The 15 acre is mostly clear cut. They use the area a little more during pressure for bedding during the day. Just have to catch them coming and going. Trail cam hasn't shown anything impressive, but they don't always catch everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caroline County and Powatan County   Caroline County and Powatan County Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caroline County and Powatan County
Page 1 of 1