Hunter's Edge Serving the Shenandoah Valley and The Surrounding Areas.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter's Edge Serving the Shenandoah Valley and The Surrounding Areas.

An Open Forum For All Valley Hunters!
Email Us!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PICTURES!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
phil abrams
President Talisman Crossbows
phil abrams

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2011, 8:15 am

TALISMAN CROSSBOWS ARE COMING TO DEVON THIS SUNDAY 28 TH AUGUST AT THE HOTEL ENDSLEIGH IN DEVON.Now this is an annual sporting event with the TOAD HOLLOW ARCHERY GROUP and it cover's all aspect's of archery from ancient right up to modern day both vertical and horizontal bow's.And I will be bringing along THE BEAST AND DARK ANGEL DEVIL'S CLAW THE DEMON AND ALSO THE MANTIS and of course you can shoot these and try them out also i will be bringing along literature on the NEW UP AND COMING MANTIS illustrating the incredible potential that crossbow user's can have with this really amazing outfit.If you can make it there then i will make it worth your while along with all that is going on there should be a very good day as the weather forecast on Sunday is better than Saturday we will be there at around 9.30-10.00 and will be there until the finish at around 5.00.I will relay everything that went on back to here following what went on.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/6/2011, 11:23 am

I KNOW EVERYTHING SEEM'S LIKE IT IS SET IN SLOW MOTION AS IT IS ALL TAKING WAY LONGER THAN I HAD HOPED BUT.WE GOT IT ALL NOW WE GOT THE WICKED BADD ASS LOOK'S AND WE ALSO GOT A VERY INTERESTING AND EXTREMELY POWERFUL WEAPON THAT TAKE'S RIGHT DOWN AND YES WE WILL HAVE THE VERY FASTEST PRODUCTION CROSSBOW THAT WILL HIT OVER 550 FPS WHEN RUN WITH A TURBO GAS SPRING SO NOW YOU CAN SET THIS BOW EXACTLY HOW YOU WILL WANT OR NEED IT TO SHOOT LIKE AND YOUR ONE BOW MANTIS CAN RUN AS EITHER A RECURVE AND A COMPOUND SO IT IS A TWO IN ONE COMBO NOW WITH A SIMPLE 2 MIN OP TO SET TO EITHER ONE YOU WANT AND I AM JUST WAITING FOR ALL THE PART'S TO COME BACK TO ME NOW SO ALL IT IS NOW IS A FEW LOOSE END'S TO TAKE CARE OF SO WAS IT ALL WORTH THE LONG WAIT? I SAY YES IT MOST CERTAINLY WAS AS WE ARE NOW THERE RIGHT AT THE VERY TOP SO BOSS MAN AND GREG AND EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE I JUST WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG THANKYOU FOR HAVING FAITH IN ME TO GET IT ALL TO THIS FINAL STAGE AND LIKE I SAID I WANT ONLY THE VERY BEST WE HUNTER'S CAN GET AND NOW I AM SURE WE HAVE,HEY I THINK WE ALL DESERVE TO GET WHAT WE NEED AND WANT AND NOW WE HAVE.DONNY AND GREG I NEED TO CALL YOU AND I WILL TODAY.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/7/2011, 7:37 pm

VIDEO'S OF WHAT THIS THING CAN DO is on their way as this weekend i will be shooting concrete block's with arrow's and bullet's also building brick's and metal too at various range's and you can see this mad thing doing all this so here's hoping the weather is fine for all this and my cousin Phil and son's are helping me get all this into practice be back on here with the vid's for you guy's.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/21/2011, 6:22 pm

COMPOUND BOW LIMB PATTERN'S NEARLY COMPLETED AND READY TO CAST FOR TRIAL'S within the next day.Also i am awaiting delivery of carbon tubing for arrow's and bullet's to video in action.I have been making these pattern's myself as they do not need a corebox like the recurve limb's so all i had to do was to make them 1 percent bigger to allow for contraction of metal and they are looking great.Also remade the two bottom limb part's on the prototype limb's and reshaped them to get no string contact on the runner's and these are much better without hole's as i took the other's a little too far for crazy speed's but now i know this system can really deliver all the speed and power anyone will ever want or need so all good.But i did lighten them by shaping and hollow grinding and they are really incredible.Still waiting for all the other part's to come from the foundry and then i am off to meet up with the top engineering guy in Devon to see what he can do for us and see if he can beat the quality of casing's and price's.Boss Man and G Plant how are thing's at your end,good hunting over there i hope,anyway i will call you both very soon.How is Wally i have not heard from him in age's.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/22/2011, 9:37 pm

BARRACUDA MECHANICAL HUNTING BULLET.Yes this is a crossbow bullet that will open out on impact and transfer all the kinetic energy into the target.This will be a good inexpensive alternative to broadhead's and can also be used on arrow's and bolt's as well.It is a very simple design and instead of a sharp blade it is more of a bluntish tearing round that will also be as accurate as a field target point and will give the best result's when shot from very high powered crossbow's shooting at least 300 fps.I have to test this out and also there could be a range of differing version's of this tip.I will see if i can harvest a deer with it this coming Sunday following testing.Anyway the new compound crossforce limb pattern's are all complete to take to the foundry as i have took my time on them and they are wicked,can't wait to get the casting's back to try out.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/22/2011, 9:53 pm

Hopefully i can get it all made a whole lot quicker and cheaper and better as they are way too slow at this foundry and i have been waiting for a month now and this to me is of no use what soever and they are holding thing's up so i need good reliable people on this and nothing less is good enough.Don't worry i know it is a real pain getting through all this dead wood but i will get through it come hell or high water,nothing will stop the Mantis from coming to you guy's and also this bow will be very exclusive as you will not see this weapon in no Bass pro or any other out door supermarket so it will be something that not everyone else has.Yes we will have dealer's but none of the big guy's.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/23/2011, 6:57 pm

All the main part's like the stock forefront and shoulder assembly with trigger unit housing are ready for me to pick up tomorrow,so at last now i can get a good idea of how thing's are all coming together.I took the finnished crossforce compound limb pattern's over today ready to be fitted to the casting board so all good.Be back tomorrow with some more detail's.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/24/2011, 6:53 pm

Collected the casting's today and have been working on them also today and i am very pleased with it all so far.MAN THIS CROSSBOW IS GOING TO BE REAL SICK WHEN ALL COMPLETED.So now i will arrange to hook up with Joshua who should be able to get this all manufactured to spec and at the right price as we need to offer this bow at the correct price to be able to compete with all the other's out there.This incredible piece of sporting equipment should shine like a bright star when all finnished to exacting standard's.I was demonstrating the sheer crazy power and speed yesterday to a friend and he was lost for word's and could not believe how it sent a bullet clean through a fencepost 4" by 4" sticking right out through the other side.OH MY GOD HE SAID NOW THAT IS INSANE,i said well it has got to deliver to at least the same high level's to what is out there today as you all know there is some very bad bow's out there and to be in the high power game you need to be at least as good as if not better and i am pretty certain we are at the top with this thing.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/25/2011, 7:59 pm

Donny i have uploaded a video onto you tube called MANTIS COMPOUND SHOOTING A BULLET,there is around 86 minute's left until it will be completely uploaded and in this vid i am shooting a 300 grn crossbow bullet at a toughened alloy plate at 12 yrd's and it show's the sheer power of this thing when a 500 grn bolt was shot a day before at it and i could not get it out of the metal as it completely pierced the 8mm alloy plate and also a shot at a housebrick that i missed but this will be the first now of more to come with variouse ammo including bolt's and exploding round's,it was fun,hope you all like it,Phil.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/26/2011, 9:40 pm

Me demonstrating shooting a bullet out of the mantis compound!!-

Back to top Go down
Boss Man
Administrator
Boss Man

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/27/2011, 5:54 pm

Phil, that is one wicked Bow. As we discussed earlier on the phone. You need to do some footage of it shooting a 22" bolt with broadhead. Once you get the rail made to accommodate the fletchings. Also I think for the hunting model it should be equipped with a Cocking rope (instead of the crank, to cut down on weight.) and have a snap on quiver for the arrows. Maybe with Rubber handles and shoulder pad? How soon do you think it will be before you could send one over to Greg and i for testing. I possibly have a friend that has an online Hunt show that would be willing to help us out. We could get some great footage with it in the woods taking live Game. Let me know your thoughts! Looking good Phil!!!
Back to top Go down
https://huntersedge.forumotion.net
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/27/2011, 7:51 pm

Yes of course i know and the next video will be with 22" bolt's fitted up with 100/125 grn field tip and BROADHEAD'S and i will be using 4 fletch bolt's that will be 350/420/550 grn and the broadhead's i got are EXCAL MECHANICAL'S and MUZZY PHANTOM'S and AMERICAN BROADHEAD CO plus some other's.I will shoot these through thick 3" ply and also see the penetration and accuracy on other target's.I am hoping to get this thing all ready for you guy's as soon as possible but thing's have been taking too long as far as i am concerned.But soon we will have it all together and the new design recurve set up will be better than before for speed and power output and the compound limb's pattern's are wicked and power should be around the same i am now getting all the smaller part's ready like the trigger and stringcatch and bolt keeper spring plus we need a piccany rail for scope's and a weaver type rail for red dot's and the like.With an onboard range dial as well. Is an 11mm rifle scope rail fine over there or is it a different size we need.We just got back from a Mantis hunting session and we did not see any deer.Anyway the casting's are wicked and you will be able to shoot any arrow or bolt you like from it when you get them no worrie's like EASTON'S/ GOLD TIP or any other as i got it all re engineered and made to cater for everyone.A cocking rope will be fine and yes i will be supplying you with this too and it is a nice design, small strong and neat with very thin extra strong cord.I will be doing the next video sometime this week if i can,many thank's for the positive input and i will call you very soon,regard's Phil.
Back to top Go down
Boss Man
Administrator
Boss Man

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/28/2011, 6:28 pm

Need to get this thing in full CAMO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/28/2011, 9:14 pm

You said it bud,FULL CAMO will transform this thing quite into something else again.I have been doing some thinking on varying combination's like camo limb's say carbon side's with camo grip's on fore and pistol we can really work on this.Anyway today i have made the trigger pattern and fitted the shoulder piece casting's together and also the running gear and they are fab.Now i am fitting the trigger mechanism housing and modifying the casting's to get perfect fit and all i need now is the gas spring's so i will order these tomorrow and also make the adjustable scope rail pattern.The weaver rail and rifle scope rail will fix to the adjustable scope rail.then we need to calibrate this adjuster so it will be just like a speed dial allowing for bolt drop at maybe 5 or ten yard increment's for shooter's to be able to hit at longer range.Also i will video broadhead's this Friday if i can,Phil.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime9/28/2011, 9:19 pm

Before i forget,yes we need to get a quivver and sling for this thing and maybe a lazer could be either fitted to your existing scope/sight or we could maybe have it some where else,what do you think of a lazer for short range's of say 20 yrd's and under.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/6/2011, 6:27 pm

PROGRESS SO FAR.Well it is very tricky and painstaking work at the moment getting it all to fit together perfect is taking a lot of time with the full set of casting's all here and i am having to rework it all out as with casting's they differ slightly from the original drawing's so now i am having to modify all part's and then modify the pattern's to suit so it is a long process but it is coming on FANTASTIC and it will be AWESOME.The trigger mechanism is all done and it is SLICK in operation and it look's great too.Right now i am working on the forestock and shoulder stock to obtain good fitting of these part's and i am having to do all the work using file's to get it all perfect.Should be all ready to try out when the latest and greatest two set's of limb's are here one set in RECURVE and another in COMPOUND to fit onto it and see what it all feel's and shoot's like and when done picture's will be uploaded,also this weekend i will do a video with broadhead's on the toughest plywood BIRCH 11 ply AND THIS IS VERY TOUGH STUFF so it will be interesting to see what the Mantis can do to this with broadhead's,Phil.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/9/2011, 8:06 pm

Don't worry when i got everything all modified to absolute spot on precision by using file's it is much better doing it this way to obtain perfect fit and then we can just get it all machined to the exact same tolerance's with no worrie's.Today i drilled out the forestock main pivot area for the limb's and also made up the fastening screw's which lock the two main part's together and tomorrow it's off to the machine shop to get the deck milled out for three fletch bolt's and some milling on the compression rod for the bearing's.Must do that broadhead video as well this week.
Back to top Go down
Boss Man
Administrator
Boss Man

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/10/2011, 12:49 am

Great to hear Phil!!!! Get it right for us! Sounds like your dream is just about ready to come true! Keep us posted and look forward to seeing the new video's!! Take care my friend!
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2011, 10:44 am

So far so good i have got it to fit all together beautifully and i have now started to design and make the foregrip from walnut and also the pistol grip's and it is looking very nice,should have both set's of limb's back from the foundry within the next week or two and i have arranged to have the machining done on the deck groove and to a depth of 20 mm which is deeper than three quarter's of an inch so you can shoot your arrow's with as deep a fletch as you need.I want to get it all ready asap and get some picture's of it on here and facebook and i better get this video together too with broadhead's.
Back to top Go down
gplant
Team Talisman Pro Staff
gplant

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2011, 1:29 pm

Hey Guys, Im back in action, What a trip that was! Moved, Lost my Mother In Law, Daughter got married, and getting service out here was a nightmare! Now I need to read all this stuff LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Boss Man
Administrator
Boss Man

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/12/2011, 1:54 pm

Are you going to have it Camo Dipped for the Pro Staff Models? Im ready to shoot this bad boy! There are a lot of people here that have been hounding me about it. They don't think this is true. But I want to prove them wrong! Soon Phil, soon you will prove to everyone! Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/16/2011, 6:57 pm

G Plant so good to hear you are ok.Not so good to hear about your mother in law,sorry to hear this,God bless her and this sound's bizarre me writing this and congratulation's to your daughter getting married.It sound's like you have been through a lot and i hope you are happy in your new home,man i know what it is like losing your mother in law as mine passed three year's ago and it was terrrible,but so glad to hear from you and i hope thing's get together real soon.We have been very buzy here working away at this new weapon and now it really has moved on a pace or two.I have some new picture's of a production bow with the limb pattern's set up on it with a wood forestock and pistol grip's and i will get them onto here asap.This i put together yesterday minus gas spring to see the more or less finished crossbow and i think it look's great but want all your honest opinion's on it.I got to do a video with broadhead's but have been trying to get this all together so have not had time but this week i will make and upload a video,anyway hope this help's a bit good to hear from you bud,take good care,Phil.
Back to top Go down
phil abrams
phil abrams

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/16/2011, 7:01 pm

Yes Donny all camo no worrie's i am on this thing 24/7 full on and although a bit slow i am getting there slowly but surely this thing is on the WAY,Phil.
Back to top Go down
gplant
Team Talisman Pro Staff
gplant

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime10/17/2011, 4:45 pm

Thanks Phil, New phone number is 810-327-6073. Everything sounds like its moving along, Very Cool! I see Donnie opened a new Talisman update page. We needed a fresh page,This one's getting a bit busy LOL!
Back to top Go down
chinesedude087

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime11/9/2011, 4:53 am

Hello, Im a 3D Modeler student at and art school in California, United States. I am currently interested in making a 3D replica of you corssbow for my project and i have been looking for some reference pictures and the specifications of your Talisman Beast Crossbow, however i havent found much. I went to your website and got as much information as i could but my professor wants more detailed information about your product. If you could please help me with sharing some high deffinition images of you crossbow and any blueprint or diagrams of the crossbow. If you have any questions please contact me at this email or phone number below.

I would really appreciate and email back to know you have recived this and know what to expect.

Thank you very much for your time, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincierly,

Andrew Chiang

andrewchiang087 gmail.com

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PICTURES!!!!!   PICTURES!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PICTURES!!!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next